Contorion is an innovative and fast-growing online shop for professional industrial and trade supply. Thanks to an intelligent and technology-driven business model, Contorion is aiming to offer a wide range of products with high quality of service at fair prices.
We invest in innovative data science and machine learning solutions to support different areas of our business and build a strong competitive advantage. At the moment we support the company with developing solutions to acquire and retain customers, set product prices, optimize logistics, and improve on-site user experience (through search and recommendation).
For making the vision of revolutionising the supply for small and medium-sized businesses reality, we’re looking for dynamic and motivated people who want to become part of our team!
- Build end to end DS/ML solutions that solves a customer need (no throwing the model over the fence)
- Drive progress and set directions for DS/ML projects
- Work closely with stakeholders to solve their problems and update them on the progress
- Keep track of recent trends in academia and industry
- Min 3-5 years of relevant (ideally industry) experience
- Relevant ~ statistical modeling & inference, machine learning, simulation, optimization, etc
- Top rankings on Kaggle (or similar) competitions is considered as well
- Proficient engineering skills
- Good knowledge of standard Python (DS) stack: Pandas, Numpy, Scikit Learn, XGBoost
- Proficiency with SQL
- Standard development tools: Git, basic Linux shell skills
- Experience launching productionized machine learning models
- (optional) Experience building web GUIs (Flask, Streamlit)
- (optional) Experience with Airflow, Kubernetes, Docker, Dask, AWS
- good understanding of common ML & stats techniques
- (optional) being proficient with Deep Learning (especially for NLP), RL, Econ ML, Bayesian methods
- able to work autonomously and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- understand that the job is not done by building a perfect model but by providing value for customers (or internal stakeholders)
- Fluent in English
- (optional) Experience in e-commerce
When you choose Contorion, you decide on these three points:
Creative exchange and teamwork
- Dynamic environment: Work in an international environment together with motivated and highly professional colleagues.
- Scope for creativity: With us you take responsibility and can help shape things. We offer you the opportunity to get involved.
- Positive company culture: How we work together is very important to us. If you identify with our values of transparency, respect, bravery and commitment, you've come to the right place.
- Perspective: We want you to constantly develop yourself further. Not just because you want to, but because Contorion is constantly reinventing itself.
- Continuous learning: Get further education in internal & external training, in our Management Academy, mentoring or via e-learning. You set the agenda.
- Health Offer: We want you to feel good and therefore subsidize the majority of a Gymondo (sport & fitness) or Headspace (meditation) subscription
- Kita cooperation: Thanks to our cooperation partner we can support you in your search for a Kita (daycare facility) for your child(ren)
- Cozy lounge: (soccer, playstation and table tennis will give you fresh ideas in between)
- Regular team events: (joint events brings us together)
- Flexible Working Hours & Home Office: (Adapt your working hours to your daily life)